Working with Affinity Nursing means having a career that fits your lifestyle. Imagine your life as a travel nurse – being able to choose the location and facility you work in and then being able to change that again in 4 to 13 weeks. You decide your every move, go at your own speed and dictate your path to success. We will just make sure you keep heading in the right direction while earning the top salary and benefits you deserve.
Nothing compares to the experience and adventure that travel nursing offers. Working at some of the country’s rural and remote facilities will give you a fresh perspective on your own abilities. You will have the opportunity to live in some of the most exciting and unique destinations our country has to offer and earn benefits that will out-rival any permanent position. By making Affinity Nursing your travel nurse agency of choice, you will gain the confidence of knowing that you are working with the leader in the industry.
We know that our success is dependent on the quality of our nurses and that is why we work hard to keep our nurses satisfied personally and professionally.
Travel Nursing Information
Travel nursing is a popular career choice for a growing number of nurses. Our nurses range from young nurses and midwives looking for adventure to seasoned staff, who want to see the country now their children have left home. Others see travel nursing as a way to earn top salaries, while receiving great benefits and living in locations they would never get to experience otherwise.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, novice or veteran, there are certain travel nursing “how-to’s” you should be aware of before you begin:
- Have at least two years of recent clinical experience
- Have good references
- Be adventurous and ready to try something new
- Be flexible
To help you decide if this is the right career move for you, here is some additional information:
- Rural facilities are generally smaller but play a vital role in the provision of community-wide integrated health services including primary health care services. The nature of rural nursing means you will be exposed to, and develop skills in, multiple clinical areas
- Rural and regional facilities still require areas of expertise such as Theatre, ICU, Maternity, Emergency or Mental Health
- Remote nursing, by its very nature, at times complements the practice of other health professionals, and at times substitutes for them. In emergency situations the remote nurse is able to undertake responsibilities normally considered the role of a medical officer
- Changing your working environment every 4 to 13 weeks, the typical length of a contract, will make adapting to new environments second nature to you. You’ll be able to learn new “bush ways” of doing routine procedures
Being a travel nurse will help you build a better resume’ and will make you more marketable as a health professional. No matter what your goal is, travelling with Affinity Nursing Recruitment is your quickest road to success. Affinity travel nurses are part of a community – join us to meet like minded nurses throughout the country and make new friends you can work with from Yeppoon to Kalgoorlie and everywhere in between.