2 years nursing experience
1. When and why did you decide to do agency nursing in Australia?
I have always wanted to travel and becoming a nurse gave me the perfect opportunity to work and travel.
A few nurses I worked with in NZ had worked with affinity and said nothing but good things so I applied.
2. How did you find the transition from NZ nursing to Australian?
I have found nursing is much the same over here it’s just different having a lot of enrolled nurses. Everyone’s been super lovely on my ward and made the transition easy.
3. How has your time been at Hobart?
I have absolutely loved Hobart it wasn’t what I was expecting at all. It’s got city/beach/mountains all in one! I have been on so many adventures on my days off.
4. What do you do to switch off and relax after a shift?
I go to the gym most days and having my accomodation right in the city has been super handy for that.
5. What do you enjoy most about the travel nurse lifestyle?
I feel like I’m on a working holiday. I’ve had so many adventures and met so many people.
6. What advice would you tell other Nurses who want to do travel nursing?
100% do it! There are so many positives to travel nursing and you get to have so many experiences and meet new people. Gets you out of your usual every day life. It’s the best decision I’ve made!