2 min read
7 years nursing experience
RN Shauna has extensively travelled throughout Western Australia since 2020, and has recently started her journey in the NT. In addition to this stint being at a supportive facility, she has been collecting fresh coconuts and munching on juicy mud crabs when she’s out and about.
Get ready to be inspired by her amazing photos and stories!
1. You’ve recently extended your contract in Katherine, NT. How was your time in the facility there?
Katherine is very social, from the patients to the staff. It feels like a community. The patients are very appreciative of help and go out of their way to find and thank me prior to discharge. The presentations are interesting and keep you on your toes.
2. What did you get up to in the NT?
We’ve been hiking through the West Macdonald ranges, Kakadu and Uluru. We managed to take the tinny up to Dundee and collect some fresh coconuts, fish and mud crabs, we spotted a big salt water crocodile too!
3. You’ve done many contracts in WA – which one was your favourite?
Albany was a short but very sweet summer contract, and by far my favourite. The staff were so inclusive. They immediately made you feel as though you were part of the team, plus there’s so much to see and do on days off. The entire coast of WA is incredible.
4. What made you decide to become an agency nurse?
The money and the lifestyle.
5. What do you enjoy most about the travel nurse lifestyle?
Constantly exploring new places, meeting new people and having the opportunity to learn in different environments.
Port Lincoln, SA
6. You’re on your 15th contract – what has been the highlight working with Affinity so far?
Being able to look through all the jobs available Australia-wide, and just picking a place to go! Having an amazing consultant definitely makes the process that much easier (big shout out to Talisa!).
7. We love the beautiful photos you took! Do you have a favourite shot? What’s the story behind it?
There’s too many to choose from! Here are a few of my faves.
8. What advice would you give other nurses who want to start travel nursing?
Be brave! Book a short contract and go explore.
RN Shauna loves this flexible lifestyle that lets her explore new places while being sufficiently funded for her trips. Where will your next trip take you?
As the largest agency provider in regional, rural and remote Australia, we have plenty of roles available for RNs and ENs.
If you’re ready to hit the road while achieving the perfect work-life balance, register with Affinity today!