Port Macquarie, on the Mid North Coast of NSW, is a hub for activity with its prime coastal position two hours drive above Sydney. It is one of the new exciting locations that Affinity serviced in 2019. So, thinking of a beach contract in 2020 and manage to get lucky with a role at Port Macquarie? Here’s a list of things to do in your spare time:
1. Coastal Walk – Leaving from Port Macquarie’s main beach there is a 9km coastal walk up to Lighthouse Beach. Stop at Flagstaff lookout and send us a picture! It is a great way to admire the view and suitable for all levels of fitness, whether you’re wanting a morning stroll with a coffee or to sweat it out on a run
2. Tacking Point Lighthouse – Whether you’ve driven or taken the coastal walk to get there, Tacking Point Lighthouse is a great spot to sit, stare out to sea and think about how lucky you are to be a travelling agency nurse! A bit of coastal air will have you feeling relaxed in no time.
The sunrise over Port Macquarie Beach
Tacking Point Lighthouse
3. The Koala Hospital – With the recent fires and the devastation for Australian wildlife, take a moment to go see all the wonderful things the Koala Hospital does. It was the first Koala Hospital set up to rehabilitate Koala’s back into the wild. You can even adopt a Koala and help with its recovery! 8AM or 3PM are the best times to see the little guys in action as they are up for feeding time.
4. Black Duck Brewery – We’ll always make time for a quick trip to a local brewery, especially when there are dogs! Black Duck Brewery have a wide range of drinks ranging from ciders, beers to their special adult soda fizz (worth a try!) and their friendly staff will have a number of great recommendations for you. Kick back with a tasting paddle and pat the welcoming committee Storm & Minnie – their two friendly great danes!
A koala eating at the Koala Hospital
A heart shaped lake at a Hunter Valley Winery
5. Hunter Valley Wineries – There are a number of great wineries to enjoy in the Hunter Valley Wine Region. Whether you hire a car and just go for a drive, or organise one of the many tours so you can really enjoy the product, you won’t be disappointed. Send us in any of your recommendations!
6. Peloton Coffee – If there’s one thing I’ve learnt living in Brisbane, if there’s 10 middle aged men in lycra lining up, then the coffee will be good. They don’t tend to risk public humiliation and riding 50kms for bad coffee. Peloton Coffee will sort out your caffeine needs.